Job Function: Territory Manager
Location: Twin Cities + 25% travel outstate
Schedule: Full-time (40+ hours, including some evenings and weekends)
Salary: Competitive Wage Based on Experience
Posting Date: March 15th, 2019
Insight Brewing Co. (IBC) is looking for an exceptional salesperson based in Twin Cities who loves good beer and wants to craft a career pursuing their passion. (There will be up to 25% travel outside the Twin City metro area.) We are a growing company so we are looking for candidates who can grow with us by demonstrating a high capacity to learn and take on new challenges. The primary focus is to position Insight Brewing Co. as the premier craft brewery in the minds of our consumer by espousing the virtues of craft beer and motivating key on- and off-premise accounts and distributor sales teams to feature good beer more often. Some of the components of this multi-faceted job include increasing distribution, securing displays, on- and off-premise features and promotions, staff training, and leading the thought about good beer within the distributor and in the marketplace. Accomplishing such feats requires an exceptional person who possesses a strong beer distributor background, including industry-related sales.
This job requires an exceptional work ethic, extensive passion for good beer, knowledge of breweries and beer styles and the ability to grow IBC’s business at the distributor level. The focus of the job is to work with distributors and key retailers, with a concentration on building relationships with on-premise and off-premise accounts, to build Insight Brewing’s business in the Twin Cities area.
- Be the IBC champion in all marketplaces, having a firm understanding of, and be able to explain in detail, the company’s history, community involvement, beer portfolio and short- and long-term vision.
- Explain the long-term growth and profit potential of the craft beer industry, specifically IBC.
- Disseminate information to accounts about upcoming beer launches, seasonal releases, brewery initiatives, point-of-sale, etc.
- Manage time and priorities in an effective and efficient manner.
- Maintain a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly/quarterly planner of goals and distributor/account calls.
- Utilize Lilypad app to maintain constant customer relationship management.
- Act as the key conduit of information back to the Sales Director, including, but not limited to, distributor market price lists, competitor pricing and materials, and opportunities to build the business.
- Manage, update and disseminate the following to the Sales Director: market visit reports following time spent in each market, planners/recaps, expense reports, etc.
- Gain an intimate and working knowledge of each distributor partner’s organization, including an open relationship with all members of the management and sales teams.
- Complete working knowledge of all distributor partner pricing, including different deal levels and special incentives.
- Provide distributor partners with sales literature, technical assistance, and sales training as needed.
- Assist all distributor partners in promoting sales of the products, and helping build consumer acceptance of the products.
- Establish an action plan prior to visiting market, utilizing sales reps, Lilypad information, and appropriate collateral/sales materials.
- Manage distributor partner activity, including, but not limited to, program development and implementation, monthly and quarterly sales meetings, and promotional calendar development and execution.
- Regularly planned account/market visits and/or ride alongs with distributor partner’s sales reps.
- Represent IBC both on and off premise as the first point of contact for the brewery.
- Establish regular contact and build relationships with key decision makers at key on- and off-premise accounts in order to gain sales and distribution.
- Visit and maintain contact with retailers, restaurants, bars.
- Fulfill needs of wholesalers as required (i.e., POS, tap handles, sell sheets, etc….).
- Communicate on a daily basis w/Sales Director regarding orders, trends, seasonal considerations and all other sales related issues.
- Participate in beer samplings, promotions, beer festivals, and all related events.
- Complete company administration requirements on time and regularly, including expense reports, weekly/month recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, and daily e-mail responses.
If you think you are the right person for the position, please email us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
2821 E Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55413