Job Function: Territory Manager
Location: Twin Cities + 25% travel outstate
Schedule: Full-time (40+ hours, including some evenings and weekends)
Salary: Competitive Wage Based on Experience
Posting Date: July 10th, 2018
Insight Brewing Co. (IBC) is looking for an exceptional salesperson based in Twin Cities who loves good beer and wants to craft a career pursuing their passion. (There will be up to 25% travel outside the Twin City metro area.) We are a growing company so we are looking for candidates who can grow with us by demonstrating a high capacity to learn and take on new challenges. The primary focus is to position Insight Brewing Co. as the premier craft brewery in the minds of our consumer by espousing the virtues of craft beer and motivating key on- and off-premise accounts and distributor sales teams to feature good beer more often. Some of the components of this multi-faceted job include increasing distribution, securing displays, on- and off-premise features and promotions, staff trainings, and leading the thought about good beer within the distributor and in the marketplace. Accomplishing such feats requires an exceptional person who possesses a strong beer distributor background, including industry-related sales.
This job requires an exceptional work ethic, extensive passion for good beer, knowledge of breweries and beer styles and the ability to grow IBC’s business at the distributor level. The focus of the job is to work with distributors and key retailers, with a concentration on building relationships with on-premise and off-premise accounts, to build Insight Brewing’s business in the Twin Cities area.
- Be the IBC champion in all marketplaces, having a firm understanding of, and be able to explain in detail, the company’s history, community involvement, beer portfolio and short- and long-term vision.
- Explain the long-term growth and profit potential of the craft beer industry, specifically IBC.
- Disseminate information to accounts about upcoming beer launches, seasonal releases, brewery initiatives, point-of-sale, etc.
- Manage time and priorities in an effective and efficient manner.
- Maintain a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly/quarterly planner of goals and distributor/account calls.
- Utilize Lilypad app to maintain a constant customer relationship management.
- Act as the key conduit of information back to the Sales Director, including, but not limited to, distributor market price lists, competitor pricing and materials, and opportunities to build the business.
- Manage, update and disseminate the following to the Sales Director: market visit reports following time spent in each market, planners/recaps, expense reports, etc.
- Gain an intimate and working knowledge of each distributor partner’s organization, including an open relationship with all members of the management and sales teams.
- Complete working knowledge of all distributor partner pricing, including different deal levels and special incentives.
- Provide distributor partners with sales literature, technical assistance and sales training as needed.
- Assist all distributor partners in promoting sales of the products, and helping build consumer acceptance of the products.
- Establish an action plan prior to visiting market, utilizing sales reps, Lilypad information, and appropriate collateral/sales materials.
- Manage distributor partner activity, including, but not limited to, program development and implementation, monthly and quarterly sales meetings, and promotional calendar development and execution.
- Regularly planned account/market visits and/or ride alongs with distributor partner’s sales reps.
- Represent IBC both on and off premise as the first point of contact for the brewery.
- Establish regular contact and build relationships with key decision makers at key on- and off-premise accounts in order to gain sales and distribution.
- Visit and maintain contact with retailers, restaurants, bars.
- Fulfill needs of wholesalers as required (i.e., POS, tap handles, sell sheets, etc….).
- Communicate on daily basis w/Sales Director regarding orders, trends, seasonal considerations and all other sales related issues.
- Participate in beer samplings, promotions, beer festivals and all related events.
- Complete company administration requirements on time and regularly, including expense reports, weekly/month recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, and daily e-mail responses.
If you think you are the right person for the position, please email us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Are you a people person? Do you have a passion for craft beer? Insight Brewing is looking for motivated and passionate beer enthusiasts for our Brand Ambassador program. As a Brand Ambassador, you will not only have the opportunity to greatly expand your beer knowledge but also have the chance to impact your local beer market. This will be achieved by conducting samplings on behalf of lnsight Brewing in an attempt to expand upon our brand recognition and increase our market penetration.
Job Description: Brand Ambassadors will be sent into the community to positively represent the brand at liquor store tastings, charity events, and other off-premise events, in order to increase Insight’s awareness, create a specific image, generate sales opportunities and build customer preference.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
– Engaging event guests and encouraging beer samples
– Train, engage and inspire crowds as well as individual consumers
– Represents the Insight in a positive way.
– Provides complete information about the brand and is able to answer questions about Insight’s Brand.
– Generate brand awareness and positive product impressions to increase sales
– Assess customer’s individual usage needs and interests in order to best recommend products
– Recap sampling to include the number of cases sold, customer feedback or other sampling notes.
– When you are present at an event you are required to engage customers for the full time.
– Responsible for reviewing program materials, set-up and break down of the work area, and the preparation and sampling of products on scheduled event days.
– Assist in maintaining all event equipment–tables, tents, jockey boxes, etc.
– Coordinate materials needed: tasting cups, signage, etc.
– Working evenings, weekend, and occasional holidays
– Communicate availability to Sales Manager by the 15th of each month for the following month.
– Not your duty to set up event or samplings, if someone is interested consult with our Sales Manager
- Must be legal age for alcohol service
- Reliable transportation to get to and from events around the area
- Availability at 4 pm on weekdays and full availability on weekends
- Must be available Thursdays, Fridays, & Saturdays
- Must be available to work at least 3 weekends during each month
- Dependable and timely
- Craft beer knowledge & passion
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Ability to lift up to 65 lbs with assistance on occasion
- Outgoing and personable, ability to engage with a variety of people
If you feel like you would be a great addition to Insight’s success, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2821 E Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55413